Sunday, February 11, 2007

Meanwhile, back at the sewing machine

I've neglected my dear sewing machine for too long while I indulged in my newest affair. But, I've dusted off the sewing machine and put it through it's paces today. For the longest time, I've been craving a cute smock/apron like I've seen here and at other blogs that I can't remember right now. So, since my knitting is sitting in the corner until it decides to behave, I've returned to my roots.




The color's a bit off but I used some leftover purple linen that's been in my closet for ages. I just love using this fabric since it feels sooo regal. I imagine King Solomon and all the kings of biblical times wearing this lovely fabric. As for the pattern, I just figured it out as I went using ideas from all the other aprons and smocks I've seen before.

I leave you all with these views of Southern California from where some friends and I went rock climbing today. Who knew that So Cal could be so pretty? Even with the overabundance of browns and greys in So Cal, I have to admit that this area can be rather pretty at times (like at sunset from atop a mountain).

2 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

Is that possibly Mt. Rubidoux? My dad lives not too far from there. I know there are lots of other peaks in the area, though.

Erica said...

It was indeed Rubidoux. I've lived here for over six years but had never been up this hill. Rock climbing was really cold and windy but the views were spectacular.