Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Where's the head model when you need one?

Check it out! I recently gained a new obsession - knitting - and it's already improving my life. I just finished my FIRST hat! Before attempting this, I made a scarf using entirely seed stitch (sorry, I'm too lazy to get out of this chair to take a photo of it. And, it's only on the other side of my room.). Anyway, onto the hat. My dear sister re-taught me to knit over Thanksgiving and I fell for it hard. Though this was my first hat, I wanted to actually wear it and I was already bored with basic stockinette. I loved Grumperina's Odessa hat. As you can see, my "interpretation" is somewhat different, specifically all the ribbings near the top are smooshed together and I eliminated the beads.

But, in any case, I'll still wear this lovely hat.





And, as soon as I finish weaving in the ends, I'll show off my next project: Fetching mittens. I already want to make so many beautiful things, like the Hourglass Sweater (from Last Minute Knitted Gifts) to a lightweight vintage-looking cardigan (I can't find a pattern and may need to design one of my own).

By the way, can anyone guess what's modeling my hat? Don't laugh, but I couldn't take a picture of it on my own head, so I used my rolled up air pad that I always take camping. Aparently I have a head the size of an air pad. Gives new meaning to air headed. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

E -- It turned out beautifully! I want to make one now! My Fetching gloves are about 3/4 of the way done (I got distracted by making a baby sweater). Hey, can I come visit you in Feb. the week of the 19th? I have that whole week off!
Al