Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blue Scrappy

What do you do when one of your bestest friends turns the big 30 and moves into a new apartment at the same time? What could be a gift that encapsulates both a birthday and housewarming? Why a quilt of course!

This has been delivered (and she usually doesn't read this blog anyway), so here are a couple pics. Boy, was it hard not to keep this quilt 'cause goodness knows I could always use yet another lap quilt. The great beauty of this little quilt (besides the gorgeous fabrics) is that there is no batting. I simply made the quilt top and cut a larger piece of upholstery fabric for the backing and fold-over binding. I suppose that would make the quilt more of a small coverlet. In any case, my gal pal really seemed to like it and since she and I always hang out, I'll get to see this quilt often. Is that the true benefit of making crafts for others? That you can see everyone around you carrying and using something you made?





Also, as for the inspiration, I found this design somewhere on the web, but I really can't trace my steps.

No comments: