Thursday, March 22, 2007

Amber waves of grain

So I woke up so excited today and went to work still excited and then went home even more excited. Why? The local knitters guild was having a "social knitting" event at the local Starbucks and I wanted to go! Even more, I decided to be oh so hip and ride all the way over to that far part of town on my scooter. Well, I am here to report than knitting in public with other people is soo much more fun that knitting at home. Go knitters!

In other news, the hourglass sweater you've been reading about so much lately is now... 11 inches tall! What? How can that be? Yes I have proof. Untampered photographic evidence.

Photo 1 - Can you believe I actually have that much patience to knit 11 full inches of stockinette?


Photo 2 - Look at that stitch definition will ya? What evenness of stiches. What color depth. You can almost feel those stitches.

Okay, okay. Back off now. This is my sweater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KIP is a blast. Your hourglass sweater is looking good.

Gypsy Purple said...

Wow...but you make such lovely things!!!