Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fini!

The Hourglass sweater is finished!!!

I've already been wearing this practically non-stop and it officially passes the wear-in-public test. I even had to convince my friends that I did indeed make this and that it wasn't store-bought.

So, without further ado, here are a few pics of the beauty:





Source: The Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (with errata).

Yarn: Cestari silk blend (67% cotton, 25% wool, 8% silk) in the Sea Shell color). I used just over 4 skeins

Mods: Increased the arms and body by an inch or so just 'cause. Added about 1-2 inches in the yoke to make a smaller neck opening.

Overall impressions: I love this sweater! The techniques were perfect for a first sweater and the fit is flattering enough to wear out in public. I got many compliments on the wide neckline; even by people who didn't know I made the sweater. If I wasn't such a slow knitter, I'd make many more of these.

2 comments:

AuntieAnn said...

That is a great-looking sweater. I think it's about time that I make myself some sweaters.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The neckline turned out great! And you'd better be sending me that pattern, sis.