Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pillow and the Orient Express

I needed a little pillow for my office chair and had so much cute fabric upstairs, so as a part of my resolve to Use-What-You-Have, I made this little pillow after getting home late last night.

Speaking of last night, every year the president of my university hosts a Faculty Dinner. The past couple of years have had themes and we all are encouraged to dress according to the theme. Well, this year's theme was the 1930's and 1940's Orient Express. Everyone was so gorgeous! Some people dressed like gangsters (even with fake tommy guns), others wore vintage stoles and pill box hats. But, my favorites were the two Kinesiology profs who both dressed up as boxers. They had white dress shirts, suspenders, newsboy caps, and vintage boxing gloves. They were sooo cute! And, on top of the cuteness of the outfits, the dining room was decked out with old luggage and other decorations straight out of the Orient Express. I even sat on pillows at a short table with a few others that mimicked a table from Turkey. I tell ya, we had a blast!




Categories: crafts_sewing

No comments: